Tuesday, October 19, 2010

It's been a while...

Yes folks, it's been a while in the sense that I have not written on here. So today, October 19th, 2010 marks the day of official blogging.

Let's see, what have I been up to? Just to catch up on what's been going on:
  • After 2 years on Okinawa, I moved back home for a short while. I then moved to England to pursue a Masters in Post-war Recovery.
  • I lived in a 6 bedroom house with crazy flatmates from the UK.
  • Wild parties, late nights.. wait- I can't write about this here!
Moving forward...
  • During my studies at York University my classmates and I were given the opportunity to do some research in Jordan on the influx of Iraqis and to do dissertation work in Timor-Leste.
  • After spending some time in Timor, I returned back to England for a short while before heading back home to L.A. -needless to say, my credit cards are all pretty much maxed out! On the bright side? Star Alliance mileage!
- To make a long story short- for the passed year I have been back in Los Angeles counting the days before I leave again- not that life back home is not rewarding (seeing old friends, making new friends, concerts, dinners, dates, arguments, coffee runs) but, it's time to move forward!

After a year long search, I have been offered a job with an Emergency Relief and Rehabilitation organization- FINALLY! Needless to say, my future posts will solely rely on how many times I get sick somewhere in Africa, what the food is like and my work. Let the storytelling begin!

No comments: